Hep C non-responder

I have HCV-1a. I've been thru 3 egimens of treatment so far. Rebetron combo for 1 yr, Infergen mono for 9 mo., then Peg-intron combo for 9 mo. Still a non-resonder. My last biopsy was stage 2. Is there any hope for me?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The best results for genotype 1 non responders are obtained with Pegasys,RBV combo.This may be a possibility. Large studies are underway of Pegasys and Zadaxin(immune booster) for gen 1 non responders.This may be a possibility. We expect the start of early studies with oral drugs for HCV,next year.These include protease inhibitors,similar to the great success stories in HIV therapy.We hope we may have something ready to use, years from now. The good news for you,is that you have a low stage of disease,and that the treatment you received,improved the severity of the liver necrosis,and decreased progression of fibrosis. Please remember that only 15% of all cases will develop cirrhosis,and you are way far from that.

hiv+ & hep-c
Someone please set me straight