having a child infected partner

My husband has hep C since 1999. he is in great health. i do not have hep c. we are talking about having a child. Can we try to have a child with hep c? will I contract hep C. my mom says there is a shot that I wont contract hep c. is there such a shot? pls advise, I would appreciate it

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The trasmission of HCV through sexual contact in a monogamous relationship is very low,between 1-3%.So ,it is a low risk.What you should not do,is to become pregnant,if your husband is using Ribavirin(as part of the treatment for HCV) ,as this drug can cause severe fetal defects in the fetus.

Conflicting Info on Kissing/Saliva?
hiv+ & hep-c