HEPATITIS B SURFACE AB POSITIVE
May 5, 2002
A LAB TEST FROM APRIL 12, SHOWED THAT I HAD HEPATITIS B SURFACE AB POSITIVE. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS, SINCE THIS WAS A RESULT OF A DIABETIS RESEARCH TESTING, AND THE RESEARCH ASSISTANT CAN'T TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS AND WHAT ACTIONS WILL I HAVE TO TAKE? I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER.
SINCERELY, ISABELLA CITLALMINA
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
This test means that you are immune to the Hepatitis B virus.You either had the vaccine for HBV,or you had the infection at some point ,and your body was able to eliminate the virus from ,and developed antibodies against it.This happens in around 98% of all acute HBV infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Gonorrhea That Cause Numbness
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.