HEPATITIS B SURFACE AB POSITIVE

A LAB TEST FROM APRIL 12, SHOWED THAT I HAD HEPATITIS B SURFACE AB POSITIVE. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS, SINCE THIS WAS A RESULT OF A DIABETIS RESEARCH TESTING, AND THE RESEARCH ASSISTANT CAN'T TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS AND WHAT ACTIONS WILL I HAVE TO TAKE? I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER.

SINCERELY, ISABELLA CITLALMINA

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

This test means that you are immune to the Hepatitis B virus.You either had the vaccine for HBV,or you had the infection at some point ,and your body was able to eliminate the virus from ,and developed antibodies against it.This happens in around 98% of all acute HBV infections.

Pegasys Availability
acute co-infection viral levels