hep c and genotype
May 5, 2002
I was told I have hep c, but the genotype test was inconclusive. Found no genotype.and that my iu's were under 600 does that mean I don't have hep c
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If your HCV PCR showed no detectable viremia for the test(<600iu),and inconclusive genotype,this means that you have no virus,or very low viremia that is not detectable with this assay.Most likely you do not have any.You should do a qualitative test,(detected or not),which is very specific,and will detect lesser amounts of virus. You need to remember that after infection with the HCV ,even if cured ,you will keep the HCV Elisa antibody,as a permanent memory of past infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.