|Titer shows immunity, can I get the HBV, I'm at a very high risk
May 5, 2002
1. Is it possible to acquire accute HBV after HB antbody level is >10, how unlikely is it? After second shot of twinrex my titer shows immunity, how dangerous is it to have (unprotected)sexual contact with an active HBV carrier? firstname.lastname@example.org
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you have high titers of HBsAb,you are immune to infection with HBV.You need to understand that this antibody is not going to protect you from HIV or HCV infection,if you have high risk contacts.Please be sure that your partner does not have other viral diseases,and have safe sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Antibiotics Used To Treat Gonorrhea And Chlamydia
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
- What Std Cause Penile Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.