May 5, 2002
In occult HBV infection do to simultaneous co-infection with HIV, is core antigen always detectable in the absence of all other serological markers? (only marker is raised ALT(123)and low testosterone) Thanks for your help.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Yes.HBcAb is the marker that indicates past infection,independently if the hepatitis was resolved or not.What we see in around 10% of all HIV cases is detectable HBVDNA in the absence of HBsAg.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Condom Broke
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Cut On Lip Afraid I Have AIDS
- Do People Catch AIDS From Anal Sex Bottom?
- Do People Catch HIV From Blood In Mouth?
- Do People Catch HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.