Testing Window

What is the window period to get tested for possible Hepatis exposure. I had someone perform oral sex on me and later realized that the person had blood in the mouth that was evident by dry blood on my penis and underwear. Also what are the chances of getting HIV

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You can have seroconversion for HCV after 6 weeks but can be as late as one year.HBV seroconversion may happen after 2 months,but may be as late as 6 months.If you want to know earlier ,you will need to have a HCVRNA by PCR,and a HBVDNA PCR,to detect the virus in the blood. The most important thing is to avoid the risk.If you continue to expose yourself with unprotected sex,or other risky bahavior,your chances of getting infected are too many. HIV seroconversion will occur after infection in 6 months.

HCV3A Rebetron Response
Hepatitis from kissing