|HCV3A Rebetron Response
May 3, 2002
4 months prior to starting Rebetron treatment my HCV3A viral load was 2.08e6 and at week 12 it was 1.16e3, a PCR drop of 3 logs. I am hopeful I will be negative by end of treatment. Are there any stats for such response for HCV3A given the mid-treatment non-negative response? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Fried
That is a very encouraging response. There is a high likelihood you will be negative by the end of treatment, although the real test will be once therapy is doscontinued to see if you maintain your response. As you are aware, genotype 3 response is quite favorable. Good luck.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.