|Exposure to Hepatitus
May 3, 2002
I drank someone else's diet coke last night by mistake. Afterwards, I learned that the person is being treated for hepatitus. This person is a male homosexual with many partners that I'm aware of. Should I be concerned regarding either the Hepatitus or possibly AIDS? This person is a friend of mine & I don't want to pry into his personal life unless it is warranted.
Response from Dr. Fried
The exposure that you describe will not transmit hepatitis or HIV from a chronic carrier.
HCV3A Rebetron Response
- What Will Happen If You Have Sex While Having Hpv?
- What To Put On Herpes Sores To Heal Faster?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In The Vagina?
- What Does Chlamydia Feel Like?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.