|Exposure to Hepatitus
May 3, 2002
I drank someone else's diet coke last night by mistake. Afterwards, I learned that the person is being treated for hepatitus. This person is a male homosexual with many partners that I'm aware of. Should I be concerned regarding either the Hepatitus or possibly AIDS? This person is a friend of mine & I don't want to pry into his personal life unless it is warranted.
Response from Dr. Fried
The exposure that you describe will not transmit hepatitis or HIV from a chronic carrier.
HCV3A Rebetron Response
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Receiving Oral Sex
- Does HIV Cause Ache In Testicles?
- Does Itchy Rash Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Rash A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.