Pegasus

Is Pegasys proving to be more effective than peg-intron ribivirin combo for those of us who failed to respond to Peg intron ribivirin? I have genotype 1b and my Dr has just taken me off my treatment. My Dr took me off of after the virus went down and then back up again. What other options do you see coming in the future?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

So far the data for the two drugs seems comparable. It would not be unreasonable to try the other one if one has failed. There are other drugs in the pipeline, but they are many years off. For now you will need to use the interferons. Good luck! DTD

web researcher
HB test