Apr 28, 2002
Can you tell me if elevated ALT (102) and AST (58)levels are a serious concern. This is the first indication of any kind of a problem. I recently had blood work taken. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
They are of serious concern. You should be evaluated soon by someone who knows about testing for hepatitis and other liver diseases! Good luck and get going! DTD
Co infection issues
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- Risk Of Transmitting Herpes Through Kissing
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Syphilis And Shingles
- Symptoms Of Herpes Sores Or Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.