|hep c and genotype
Apr 28, 2002
I was told I have hep c, but the genotype test was inconclusive. Found no genotype.and that my iu's were under 600 does that mean I don't have hep c
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question. If the PCR is negative that is under 600 copies then you do not have HCV. You are one of the lucky ones who have cleared the virus on their own. I would do the PCR again once more to just confirm it and then you can celebrate! Congratulations! DTD
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
- Can Other Blood Work Tell You If You Have Hiv?
- Can You Catch Anything From Swallowing Menstrual Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.