HEP C & Pregnancy

I have recently had the PCR test done (twice) and it showed a viral load of 6970. My liver tests were fine except for the Sgpt which was 48. I have never had any symptoms of Hep C and have no idea where I contracted it. I am hoping to go through IVF to have a baby (that is how I found out I had Hep C, with the info given, do you see any reason why I shouldn't continue with my infertility treatment.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis C is unlikely to be transmitted to the baby. The stated rate is between 4 and 7%. If you have an elective caesarean section, the rate may be even lower suggesting that the transmission occurs at birth, not in utero. I can't see any reason not to undergo IVF, as long as you understand the low risk to the baby. Good luck! DTD

Mild Jaundice
Hep A