For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Titer shows immunity, can I get the HBV, I'm at a very high risk

1. Is it possible to acquire accute HBV after HB antbody level is >10, how unlikely is it? After second shot of twinrex my titer shows immunity, how dangerous is it to have (unprotected)sexual contact with an active HBV carrier?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I would never recommend unsafe sex with anyone unless it was a calculated risk to try to get pregnant. Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease. However if you have protective antibody levels then, with reasonable medical certainty as we say in court, you should be protected from the hepatitis B anyway. There are other diseases like herpes or HIV that could be transmitted, though. Be careful! DTD

Receiving treatment in China
Mild Jaundice