|Titer shows immunity, can I get the HBV, I'm at a very high risk
Apr 28, 2002
1. Is it possible to acquire accute HBV after HB antbody level is >10, how unlikely is it? After second shot of twinrex my titer shows immunity, how dangerous is it to have (unprotected)sexual contact with an active HBV carrier?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I would never recommend unsafe sex with anyone unless it was a calculated risk to try to get pregnant. Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease. However if you have protective antibody levels then, with reasonable medical certainty as we say in court, you should be protected from the hepatitis B anyway. There are other diseases like herpes or HIV that could be transmitted, though. Be careful! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Be An Hiv Carrier And Still Be Negative?
- Do Hiv Symptoms Appear Earlier Than Two Weeks?
- Chances Of Having Hiv After Sex With An Hiv Positive Person
- Difference Between Acute And Chronic Hepatitis
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up Up In A Person Blood?
- Hiv Transmission And Sneezing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.