|Titer shows immunity, can I get the HBV, I'm at a very high risk
Apr 28, 2002
1. Is it possible to acquire accute HBV after HB antbody level is >10, how unlikely is it? After second shot of twinrex my titer shows immunity, how dangerous is it to have (unprotected)sexual contact with an active HBV carrier?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I would never recommend unsafe sex with anyone unless it was a calculated risk to try to get pregnant. Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease. However if you have protective antibody levels then, with reasonable medical certainty as we say in court, you should be protected from the hepatitis B anyway. There are other diseases like herpes or HIV that could be transmitted, though. Be careful! DTD
Receiving treatment in China
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Difference Between Venereal Disease And Std
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
- Are Night Sweats A Sign Of Acute Hiv Infection?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted By Oral With Only Precum?
- Can You Have Molluscum Contagiosum And Not Have Growths?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.