liver and spleen enlarged

I am a 52 yrs. old male. I have type 2 diabetes for about 12 yrs. and I take oral medication glucophage, avandia and amaryl. For the past 4 mo. I have pain in my right upper side under the ribs. I had an ultrasound of abdomen and the result show enlarged liver with fatty infiltration ans slightly enlarged spleen. In the blood work I had for the past 12 yrs. I show abnormal glucose in blood like 180 and low platelet count always in a range of 125. I am thinking about cirosis. Where I should go from here? Thank you,

Response from Dr. Fried

With the diabetes and findings of fatty infiltartion on ultrasound, it does suggest you have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. The enlarged spleen could be an indication of early cirrhosis. You need a full evaluation by your healthcare provider to verify that there is liver disease, exclude other causes of liver disease, and to determine the extent of liver injury. The evaluation might include a liver biopsy. See your doctor.

hepatitis core antigen
HBV infection after the first vaccine dose