|hepatitis core antigen
Apr 25, 2002
In occult HBV infection due to suspected simultaneous HIV co-infection, is core antigen always detectable in serum in the absence of other serological markers? Thanks for your assist.
| Response from Dr. Fried
HB core ANTIBODY would be detected in serum and indicate exposure to HBV. By itself without other HBV serologies, it could not differentiate between a past, recent, or current HBV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.