|Titer shows immunity, can I get the HBV, I'm at a very high risk
Apr 25, 2002
1. Is it possible to acquire accute HBV after HB antbody level is >10, how unlikely is it? After second shot of twinrex my titer shows immunity, how dangerous is it to have (unprotected)sexual contact with an active HBV carrier?
Response from Dr. Fried
A high titer of anti-HBs indicates that you are immune so the risk of acquisition is almost non-existent. You would be protected from HBV in the situation you described. In very rare circumstances, there have been escape mutations that could make someone susceptible, however, this is more theoretical than practical. More importantly, your partner should get evaluated to see if therapy for HBV is indicated.
hep c and genotype
this is urgent!!!
- What If I've Never Had Sex And I Have Herpes?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
- Symptoms Of Mouth Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.