Hep C

1) Experts normally link hep C and HIV infection together, will a hep C patient suffer fom AIDs too? What's the chances? What happens if it is the other way round?

2) The rates for a person to contract HCV through sex is low, how low is it? what are we preventive measure I need to take if my boyfriend is hep C positive? eg, using condoms

Response from Dr. Fried

HIV and hep C frequently occur together because the risk factors for acquisition of the disease may be similar, ie blood exposure, sharing of needles.

The risk of sexual transmission for HCV is considered to be low, although it is not zero. There are no recommendations for couples in monogamous relationships to change their sexual practices just because one partner has HCV. Nevertheless, because the risk is not zero, the partners involved should do whatever makes them comfortable.

Cryo final
tattoo and hepatitus