Apr 16, 2002
Thank you very much for your answer. A final follow up would be great.
Since the pos Cryo I have had two neg HCV RNA Quant over a two month window and negative antibody with negative RIBA.
I have two final questions.
1.Has the Cryoglobulin been known in any way to prevent the other tests from showing positive?
2. Can the Cryo show a false positive?
Thanks very much
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The cryo's can cause a false positive antibody test and can also block the antibody test. However if the PCR is negative, then there is no virus and immunosuppressives would be the answer. I would suggest re doing the PCR however after starting the steroids just to be sure. DTD
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can Penicillin Cure Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.