|Cure rates for Hepatitis C
Apr 16, 2002
Is there any finite data available documenting the success rate of the Peg -ribivirin combo that many of us are currently taking? If so, what the the cure ratios?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The overall cure rate is 54-56% considering all people. If the genotype is 1 it is less if 2 or 3 a lot better. If you take 80% of your medication for 80% of the time it goes up to over 60%. That is very good and a lot better than it used to be! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.