|hepC & Tongue Ring
Apr 16, 2002
I am currently dating someone who has Hep C , And was worried about contacting the virus ? My question is Am I more sujectable to getting it because I have my tongue Pierced?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis C is not really well transmitted sexually. If there is blood to blood contact and your tongue ring might increase that likelihood, then indeed it might increase the chances from near zero to slightly higher. However the chances are still very low. Good luck and be careful! DTD
My answer needs only Yes or No for Hep C
Industrial contraction risk of Hepatitis
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching Infected Blood?
- 4 Fluids That Can Contain Hiv
- You Can Still Get Hpv With A Condom
- Will Using A Condom Protect From Genital Warts?
- What Does The Discharge Of Chlamydia Look Like?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.