Pregnancy & Hep B

I am 4 months pregnant and have been diagnosed as a HEP B carrier. How does this effect my pregnacy? My test results are the following: Surface AG +, Surface AB -, IGM non-reactive, Hep C & A -, Core AB +, anti-HBE +, HBV E antigen -. A DNA screen was completed with the following results: HBV DNA QNT PCR (pg/mL) <0.001 and HBV DNA QNT PCR log (cpy/mL) <2.3 and the amount of HBV DNA is less than 200 copies/mL. Please explain what this all means to mean in the future and my baby? All liver enzymes tests were normal.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is very good news. If there is no DNA, then there is really no risk to the baby or to you for that matter.You have effectively cleared the virus. However your baby should still receive the HBV gamma globulin and vaccine series at birth, just to be sure. The chances of passing it on to your baby is virtually zero. Congratulations! DTD

How long after exposure should one be tested?
HBV/HCV viremia