unable to take meds more than a few months

I have writen to you before, but now I am more confused than ever. I have hiv and hepc more than 17 years. I have been treated for hiv since 1987-non stop., and in the last year (never happened before) I start treatment and after a few months I have to stop for liver starts reacting. I have been to hepatologist who diagnosed me genotype 3b, 380,000 viral load, inflamation, hep b and delta negative, and other blood tests which he tells me indicate that it does not seem that my problem is caused by the virus C, just medication (I dont know which is worse-at least virus c has a chance to cure). He does NOT want to do a biopsy(400 cd4) and there is no question about it, or nothing I can do, but he agrees in treatment. But if I undertake treatment and I get cured is the problem going to go away, for if it is as he says-a medication hepatitis-I have a real problem!, could it improve? what do you think about all this? Thank you. Female.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Absolutely! If you are treated and cured, which is very likely with your genotype, really close to 90% chance if you take all your medications, then the liver toxicity issues will improve dramatically! HCV is a leading cause of liver toxicity in HIV individuals. Treating and curing it is an obvious solution to the problem! DTD

Curious about gonorrhea and HepC co-transmission
How long after exposure should one be tested?