|HBV core antigen
Apr 11, 2002
In occult HBV due to HIV co-infection, during acute/chronic infection, is core antigen always detectable?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Core antigen is really only an experimental test and is nearly never detectable. The best test to do for occult HBV is the HBV DNA by PCR. It is extremely accurate and sensitive. Use it! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Chills A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Dry Mouth An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.