Apr 11, 2002
There have been cases of delayed HIV seroconversion due to simultaneous co-infection. Have there been cases of delayed seroconversion to HIV due to simultaneous HBV co-infection?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is certainly possible that it could happen. Once again if there is any doubt,then the HIV RNA and the HBV DNA will easily diagnose either or both diseases. It is only the antibodies that take longer to change! DTD
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Is Fatigue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How To Get Rid Of An Std?
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Chlamydia Sti
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.