|Does HBV have window period?
Apr 8, 2002
Dear Doc, does the HBV have a window period like HIV? Also how long after infection does it take to clear the virus COMPLETELY from the system?
Response from Dr. Fried
The window period or incubation period is approximately 6 weeks to 6 months after exposure. For most adults who may acquire HBV but then clear it, the virus is gone very rapidly within a few weeks (or less). For someone who develops chronic infection, HBV is always detectabke in the blood. Blood tests can show the exact stage of infection and demonstrate clearance/ the development of protective immunity.
PLEASE HELP THIS IS IMPORTANT
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- Different Types Of Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.