Apr 8, 2002
what is hepitis c and how can a person get it? is it cureable?
Response from Dr. Fried
Hepatitis C is a virus that attacks the liver causing inflammation and, in some patients, may progress to scarring (cirrhosis) of the liver. It can be acquired by exposure to blood such as sharing needles during intravenous drug use or from a blood transfusion obtained prior to 1992. Much less frequently, it may be transmitted sexually.
Hepatitis C can be cured in many patients using a combination of interferon and ribavirin. Contact your healthcare professional for additional information.
HBV DNA/HCV RNA
- Is Sore On Mouth A Symptom Of Ars?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.