Feb 25, 2001
I just tested hiv negative for 6 months for Elisa and a doctor wants a test for hepatis c done. How would that diagnosis be made? Is it just a blood draw? Or something more???
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
A hepatitis C antibody test is just a simple tube of blood as is a PCR. There are even kits you can buy over the counter to do it yourself! It is easy go for it! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Certain Blood Types More Likely To Get Hiv?
- Neuropathy And Sweating
- If You Swallow The Semen Of Hiv Infected Person Can You Get Hiv?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Can I Get Hiv From Masturbation On A Toilet Seat?
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.