what now?

Dear Doctor, I have just found out that I have been carrying the "C" virus and have no idea when except to say it must be for a few years now because of my last contact thru sex. I was away in prison when it was diagnosed and because of the really bad medical care there I figured that it would be better if I waited until I got home to treat it! I am now home and would like to know just what I do from here Doc, I live on the south shore of Long Island and yes also carry H.I.V............ Thanx for your advise!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You really need to get evaluated for your hepatitis C as well as your HIV. If your HIV providers are not familiar with evaluation and treatment of HCV, then you should seek someone who is. The clinics at North Shore and Nassau County Medical Center both are familiar with HCV treatment. Good Luck! DTD

Accidental Needle Prick?
Hep. B vaccination