Feb 25, 2001
I had unprotected sex 13 weeks ago. I found out my partner was not faithful. Recently checked my blood pressure at a drug store and was higher then usual (i'm assuming due to stress). Witin the last week, I have had a sore and conjested throat and a dry mouth. Could these be symptoms of hiv? I'm planning to get tested but not sure when. I've heard both 14 weeks and 6 months. How soon after possible exposure could symptoms arrive?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
HIV infection symptoms usually arrive in several weeks time. There is no way to make a diagnosis by symptoms. Go get tested! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.