HCV 2b, high viral, low ALTs

I just learned I have HCV 2b which I believe I contracted 30 years ago. My viral load is 3.3 million but my liver (ALTs ASTs) enzymes are normal. I feel great and quit drinking 12 years ago. The biopsy is next week. How much liver damage would indicate immediate treatment is necessary?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

We reccomend therapy if there is evidence of significant inflamatory and fibrosic damage..You have a very good prognostic factor in the type of genotype.Your chance of a sustained response is of the order of more than 75%.Prolongued duration of infection may indicate that you have the worst severity you will have of the hepatic process,as the damage tends to plateau after 30-40 years. You will need to discuss these issues with your doctor and weight the possible benefits,versus the risks of the treatment.

hepitious
Results dont know what they mean?