I'm cured?

Hi Dr. Torres, I was disnoised with Hiptitus C but I was told that I'm was cured by my own body..also i had a liver test done and it showed no abnoraml activites..IS it possible for oneself to cured itself of Hiptitus C??thanks.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

If you had contact with the hepatitis C virus ,you should have the test HCV antibody positive.If you are of the 15-20% of lucky ones to have cleared the virus spontaneously,you will have the test HCVRNA negative or non reactive.If this is the case ,yes,you are cured.You need to understand that you were cured of the specific type of virus of HCV that you were infected from only.This means that you still can be reinfected with another type of HCV.You need to prevent it by having safe sex,not sharing needles,razors etc.

pain on right side
Hep b aun un ao