Mar 28, 2002
Ihave hepatitis C. Genotype 1 with level 3 cirrhosis damage. I feel great and have no symptoms. My specialist wants me to do the Peg-Intron treatment. Should I wait for the Pegasys treatment to become available?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
I am happy you feel well.!!Unfortunately, most patients with chronic HCV are asymptomatic ,and this does not means that they will not have to be concerned about this disease.If you have HCV with genotype 1,and moderate fibrosis,only if you have a low viral load,less than 2 million copies,you may expect the same efficacy,from Peg Intron as compared to Rebetron.Even in this group,the responses with Pegasys and RBV are better.If you have high viremia,you should definitely wait for Pegasys. We expect this drug to be available in the next months. Good luck.!!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.