Feeling Great!

Ihave hepatitis C. Genotype 1 with level 3 cirrhosis damage. I feel great and have no symptoms. My specialist wants me to do the Peg-Intron treatment. Should I wait for the Pegasys treatment to become available?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

I am happy you feel well.!!Unfortunately, most patients with chronic HCV are asymptomatic ,and this does not means that they will not have to be concerned about this disease.If you have HCV with genotype 1,and moderate fibrosis,only if you have a low viral load,less than 2 million copies,you may expect the same efficacy,from Peg Intron as compared to Rebetron.Even in this group,the responses with Pegasys and RBV are better.If you have high viremia,you should definitely wait for Pegasys. We expect this drug to be available in the next months. Good luck.!!

tattoos
pain on right side