Hepatitis C Antibody

I went to donate blood and they told me they couldn't use it because I had hep. C antibodies, They said it doesn't mean I have Hep. C just that I got exposed somehow years ago and that is how I have the antibodies, since it isn't the actual illness just the antibodies, why can't I donate blood?

Response from Dr. Fried

By description, you tested positive for anti-HCV antibody. If a supplemental antibody test was done and was POSITIVE then you were truly exposed to HCV. If the HCV RNA by a sensitive nucleic acid test was used and was NEGATIVE, then you probably cleared the HCV completely. You should see your doctor and get retested for HCV RNA in 3-6 months just to verify the results. If the HCV RNA test was positive, you still have chronic HCV and should see your healthcare professional for full evaluation. In any case, they won't use your blood in the blood bank.

low white cell count help
tattoos