|High ast and alt levels
Mar 22, 2002
Hi, My brother who has downsyndrom went for blood test and his ast(sgot) was 67 and his alt (sgpt) was 147 what should i do? Is this serious? Thank You! Madelene
Response from Dr. Fried
Those numbers indicate that the liver enzymes are elevated and that the liver is irritated (hepatitis). This can be due to many, many things including viral hepatitis or reaction to medications. He should be fully evaluated. His healthcare professional will likely begin the evaluation by performing additional blood tests to look for certain diseases.
Confused-should I have treatment?
- Risk Of Handjob
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.