Mar 22, 2002
Could you please help me understand my test results? What does all this mean - am I a carrier? Can I pass this along to my children or through another pregnancy? Please advise.
Hepatitis B Core Total AB - Positive Hepatitis B Surface Antibody - Positive Hepatitis B Surface Antigen - Negative Hepatitis C AB - Negative
Response from Dr. Fried
Your blood tests indicate that you were infected with hepatitis B in the past but have cleared the infection. You are not a carrier and you cannot transmit to subsequent pregnancies.
A startling case of HBV
Confused-should I have treatment?
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- If Both Partners Are Std Free Can You Still Get An Std?
- Other Causes Of Trichomoniasis
- Can A Strep Test Be Positive For Hiv?
- Can You Get HIV From A Colonoscopy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.