Mar 22, 2002
I never see any mention of genotype 4 yet I was diagnosed with it. Have you heard of it? Do you have any information on treatment and/or response? Please answer asap as I have asked this question numerous times yet get no response.
| Response from Dr. Fried
Genotype 4 is most common in areas around Egypt. There is not a huge experience with treating this genotype. Early reports suggested treatment response was similar to type 1. More recent studies suggest it may respond in an intermediate manner between types 1 and types 2 or 3 (which are the most treatment responsive).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.