Mar 22, 2002
I never see any mention of genotype 4 yet I was diagnosed with it. Have you heard of it? Do you have any information on treatment and/or response? Please answer asap as I have asked this question numerous times yet get no response.
| Response from Dr. Fried
Genotype 4 is most common in areas around Egypt. There is not a huge experience with treating this genotype. Early reports suggested treatment response was similar to type 1. More recent studies suggest it may respond in an intermediate manner between types 1 and types 2 or 3 (which are the most treatment responsive).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.