Can Alcohol cause false positive tests?

Hi, In Sept of 2000 I donated blood...and received a notice that my blood showed Positive Anti-HBc..I understood since all other results were negative...that maybe it was a false positive..especially since i had been out drinking the night before donating blood. Or perhaps i had a bout with Hepatitus B in my past...but was not a carrier. But now i got another test result that says I am Positive for Anti-Hbc and that i should not donate blood ever again...since this was my second positive for Anti-HBc. Whats the deal?....I was scared after reading some of these posts but i'm pretty confident that I am not chronic or a carrier since i wasn't positive for anything else...Any response would be appreciated.

Response from Dr. Fried

Alcohol will not affect the results of HBV tests. If anti-HBc is positive, it suggests that you were exposed to HBV in the past. Assuming HBsAg is negative, you do not have chronic hepatitis B. It appears that you resolved the HBV infection completely.

Hep C and Toilet Water
Please answer