|Can my unborn child catch the Hepatitis B virus.
Mar 22, 2002
Hi my boyfriend was stabbed and he show the Hepatitis B in his blood soon after it happen. A week later the test came back non-reactive. For 10 yrs it has been this. If we have a child will our baby have the virus.
Response from Dr. Fried
It's not clear whether your boyfriend had HBV from what you said. From the baby's standpoint it does not matter, since transmission occurs from the mother. If you have concerns, you should get tested for hepatitis B to see if you have been exposed to the Hep B virus.
Pregnancy and Hep B - Need answer ASAP
Hep C and Toilet Water
- How Do I Get Rid Of Genital Warts In The Mouth?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Acute HIV Infection And Oral Thrush
- Hiv Risk Sore On Penis And Vaginal Sex
- How Many People Seroconvert After 8 Weeks?
- How Soon After Infection Do Women Experience Recurrent Yeast Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.