HEP. VIRUS??

I have read that Hep. can live for up to two weeks outside the body, and become infectious again if it gets wet. Is this true? Yesterday, I pulled a dollar from my wallet. The dollar had some dried blood on it. Do I need to throw my wallet away? Does the amount of blood needed to infect someone need to be visible? Please try to answer. I can't find the answers to these questions anywhere. THANK YOU

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dried blood is very unlikely to be contagious. As long as you don't inject the dried blood into your blood stream you should be safe! Spend the money! DTD

Diagnosed with Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Positive and now negative
hepatitis c