|Diagnosed with Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Positive and now negative
Feb 7, 2001
During my pregnancy around 1 year ago I was diagnosed as surface antigen positive for Hepatitis B (Chronic Carrier). Recently I was retested twice by a new family doctor including the blood test for DNA and booth times the test came back negative for surface antigen, acute or having antibodies as if I had it in the past. How is it possible that I was told I was a chronic carrier and now negative?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Either the first test was wrong or you have cleared the virus. Either way it sounds like you don't have it! Congratulations! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Bleach Kill Hepatitis Blood On Porous Surface?
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.