Diagnosed with Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Positive and now negative

During my pregnancy around 1 year ago I was diagnosed as surface antigen positive for Hepatitis B (Chronic Carrier). Recently I was retested twice by a new family doctor including the blood test for DNA and booth times the test came back negative for surface antigen, acute or having antibodies as if I had it in the past. How is it possible that I was told I was a chronic carrier and now negative?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Either the first test was wrong or you have cleared the virus. Either way it sounds like you don't have it! Congratulations! DTD

How is your liver compromised if you're cured?
HEP. VIRUS??