How is your liver compromised if you're cured?

I am currently taking the peg and either a placebo or the rib. The last conversation we had, you we extremely optimistic that I could be cured. My liver is currently at a 2/2 and I have had the Hep c / Hiv for 6 mos. 1)Are the chances strong that I can Have a 1/1 liver again ? 2) Will my liver be just as strong as anyone else's when I need it to handle the HIV drugs if all goes well with my treatment?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Cured, If you are indeed free of the virus, the only study with 10-year follow up showed that ALL of the fibrosis and inflammation were gone 10 years later. So not only would your biopsy go to a 1/1 but it would go eventually to 0/0! Keep up the good work and think positively! DTD

pegylated interferon clinical trials
Diagnosed with Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Positive and now negative