|can't figure out how i got hepatitis
Feb 7, 2001
I AM ALMOST 30 AND HAVE 3 KIDS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE HEPATITIS C. IF MY FATHER HAD HEPATITIS B BEFORE I WAS BORN COULD I OF GOTTEN IT FROM HIM? I HEARD FROM MY MOM HE HAD IT REALLY BAD TO WHERE HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL. I JUST CANT FIGURE IT OUT. I HAVE GOTTEN TESTED FOR EVERYTHING EVERY YEAR SINCE I WAS 18 CAUSE I AM SO AFRAID OF AIDS AND NOTHING EVER CAME UP. HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHERE IT CAME FROM?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It really doesn't matter where you got it. You should be evaluated now in real time and see a specialist experienced in hepatitis C. Your spouse should be tested too, and if positive, then the kids should be tested. Good luck! DTD
Contracting HIV by Intercourse
- Can You Get Hiv From A Doctor Not Wearing Gloves?
- Hiv Western Blot Test How Long Does It Take For Results
- What Natural Herb Can Be Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.