can't figure out how i got hepatitis

I AM ALMOST 30 AND HAVE 3 KIDS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE HEPATITIS C. IF MY FATHER HAD HEPATITIS B BEFORE I WAS BORN COULD I OF GOTTEN IT FROM HIM? I HEARD FROM MY MOM HE HAD IT REALLY BAD TO WHERE HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL. I JUST CANT FIGURE IT OUT. I HAVE GOTTEN TESTED FOR EVERYTHING EVERY YEAR SINCE I WAS 18 CAUSE I AM SO AFRAID OF AIDS AND NOTHING EVER CAME UP. HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHERE IT CAME FROM?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It really doesn't matter where you got it. You should be evaluated now in real time and see a specialist experienced in hepatitis C. Your spouse should be tested too, and if positive, then the kids should be tested. Good luck! DTD

Contracting HIV by Intercourse
Liver Biopsy