|Contracting HIV by Intercourse
Feb 7, 2001
During intercourse and/or while the male is having an orgasm is there an opportunity for the HIV virus to enter through the penis and infect the male other than means of a wound?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes. HIV is a sexually transmitted disease, and can be transmitted with sores or bleeding. Use protection! Latex condoms will significantly decrease your risk! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Contract The HIV/AIDS Virus After Sexual Intercourse?
- How Does A Male Contract Hiv?
- Candidiasis Infection Treatment With Doxycycline?
- How Fast Can You Get Hiv Symptoms?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Will A Cbc Blood Test Show Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.