|Contracting HIV by Intercourse
Feb 7, 2001
During intercourse and/or while the male is having an orgasm is there an opportunity for the HIV virus to enter through the penis and infect the male other than means of a wound?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes. HIV is a sexually transmitted disease, and can be transmitted with sores or bleeding. Use protection! Latex condoms will significantly decrease your risk! DTD
HIV/HCV+ REBETRON FAILURE AND HEMOCHROMOTISIS?
can't figure out how i got hepatitis
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Get Crabs With Condom On?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.