Hep C only no HIV

My husband was dx with Hep C 14 years ago. Has only been monitored with liver bx every 2 years....He's 60 yrs old. He's now been unable to work for 4 mos. Blood pressure suddenly out of control, changed meds several times, severe headaches, nothing seems to help. Could this be the beginning of the end stages (is there an end stage?) I'd like to know what to expect & the Dr's never seem to answer this question for me. Thanks very much

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Worried, High blood pressure is not a symptom of severe liver disease. In fact, low blood pressure is more common in people with cirrhosis. Now that pegylated interferon is available, he might want to consider treatment of his hepatitis C. DTD

Pegulated Interferon: FDA Approval?
Fire Fighter looking For answers.